3.12.2008

New York City

I have been fortunate to have friends who let me work with them (and play too). I headed to New York this past weekend with Nic to attend ENK. The time flew bye with all the work, we had a little time to walk around the city - Time Square, Ground Zero, Manhattan, Statue of Liberty and eat at some great restaurants (always a favorite when working tradeshows). The trip across the country was HORRIBLE! I must say I have been to a many places and on many flights and NONE of them beat this experience, not even the flight to Costa Rica with the tico smoking, this flight was AWFUL. I honestly thought we just might go down and die. Imagine being on a bumpy flight, a few bumps here and there okay not so fun but manageable, now imagine the bumps for 5 hours straight and picture yourself at Magic Mountain on an unstoppable roller coaster that continuously drops then throws you straight back up over and over and over again. This was our flight. Nic was screaming, her body being raised to the ceiling, I am holding to both seats for dear life, and the majority of the passengers kept gasping. Now I understand what seat belts on airplanes are for... If you weigh less than 100 lbs you will find yourself trying to avoid hitting the overhead baggage compartment if your belt is not tight. Lets just say I had a headache for the past 4 days. I enjoy seeing different places and experiencing new things but I always love returning home!
top of hotel

Hotel hallway
Hotel Lobby
 
two story aquarium in lobby

Time Square

Random Street in taxi

Tradeshow
Ground Zero

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous girl! That hotel is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to New York! Been to all kinds of foreign countries, but never New York (or Hawaii)...both on my list of "places to go." Glad you had a good time, and SURVIVED THE FLIGHT! Your poor head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had lots of fun! New York it a fun place to visit!
    We gotta hang out soon! ;0)

    ReplyDelete