12.02.2007

Christmas Devotional

I wish you could see the background... there is a life size camel from the nativity

The newlyweds Maggie and Jonathan
The view from the Conference Center of lights on Temple Square
Happy Hannaka... A blue tree at The Gateway. I love looking out the window and seeing these trees each night!



I'm not sure what I love more... Being in the same room as the Prophet or the Spirit of Christmas?
Tonight we were privileged to attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints First Presidency Christmas Devotional. At this event the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings a variety of Christmas songs, the living day Prophet President Gordon b. Hinckley speaks, along with his counselors on topics related to the birth of Jesus Christ and the Christmas season. How I love the feeling of the powerful spirit that surrounds the Prophet. I would absolutely be thrilled to hug this little man and to shake President Monson's hand (he is my fav).  The Prophet seems to be aging this will most likely be the last time Tim and I will see him since we are heading out of Utah and will not be attending conference live for a long while. The weather was bit nippy after the first snowy storm yesterday but we endured the walk.  We met up with Maggie and Jonathan for a stroll through Temple Square. I sure am going to miss being so close to Temple Square and attending the events here.

4 comments:

  1. WHAT!! You got to hug the Prophet! I bet it was so cold out there. I think its cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coat is too cute!! I am obsessed with your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. So jealous that you got to hug GBH. I want him to be my grandpa. I just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute do you look in your glasses!

    ReplyDelete