4.09.2013

Hoping to once again grow our family

We have had the wonderful blessing of an incredible adoption experience with our birth family. Not a day has passed since our birth mother first contacted us via email that I do not think of her. Her courage and love have touched my soul. With out her I would not be who I am today. I have never loved someone the way I love her, there is no way I can ever repay her for the greatest gift she gave me. My sweet Ollie. I often find myself in lala land recounting the precious moments of our relationship prior to Ollie's birth and I begin to cry over and over again. I wish so badly that I could have captured the spirit that filled our home, hearts and lives during those moments and bottled it up for times when I need it. I have never felt so much love in my life. I believe it was through the hundreds of prayers that were continually said to our Heavenly Father on behalf of my husband and I as well as our birth mother. Each day I could feel the angels of heaven touching our life. It was perfect.

We knew we wanted more children to be a part of our family it was just a matter of time before we took the plunge back into adoption. Here we are ready once again to work towards bringing another child into our home & hearts. Honestly, it has been hard to accept and realize that our first adoption was a complete dream as is our child and that is VERY VERY rare in adoption. I have cried many a times. I want to love our future birth mothers as we love our current birth mother. It breaks my heart to even begin to think about not having a relationship with our future birth mothers. I continually pray for another miracle. I sure hope our birth mothers will want to get to know as much as we want to get to know them & bring them into our family.
I have much respect for birth mothers everywhere. They are strong, courageous and loving. I have a family because of our birth mother and my mom's birth mother.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a birth mom and I follow you on Instagram, this post touched my heart so much! I know my sons mom feels the same way about me and I am SO grateful for her. I bet your birth mom is equally as grateful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erynee Thank You for your sweet comment. You birth mothers are truly incredible. Thank You for checking out my blog. Hugs to you.

      Delete